Monday, June 1, 2009

WOW!

I have commented on this before, how God gives me the same message from different sources. Today I got a double whammy. First off though, let me share a couple of wonderful verses from Lamentations 3. Verses 19-26. Nothing new for Christians, but great message of hope! "Lord, remember my suffering and my misery, my sorrow and trouble. Please remember me and think about me. But I have hope when I think of this: The Lord's mercy never ends; his mercies never stop. They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great. I say to myself, the Lord is mine, so I hope in him. The Lord is good to those who hope in hi, to those who seek him. It is good to wait quietly for the Lord to save". I used these verses the other day, and I returned to them. Steve and I are once again facing a rough time with our family. He has asked that I not share, and I definately honor that request, but I keep returning to this scripture. Here is where the double whammy came in.
I listened to my IPOD preacher, Craig Groeschel of Lifechurch.TV out of Oklahoma today. Sermon 2 in the True(ish) series. Good sermon on God wanting us to be happy. He does. Kind of. But he wants other stuff for us more. He went on to talk about a fish out of water on the beach. What happens? He gasps and his scales dry. He's not happy. How do you make him happy? Cover him with money? Get him a beach chair and sunglasses and a copy of "Playfish" and a martini? No, you make him happy by putting him back in his element, the water. We are like that fish out of water. We are not made for earth, we are made for Heaven. I loved this, especially the "Playfish" magazine and he commented, "nice tail". Gotta love that pastor.
NOW IT GETS WEIRD! This is not original Groeschel material. You know how I know? Page 989 in my New Century Version Max Lucado Bible right after Lamentations 4 has this exact same illustration. Since my devotional Bible was copyrighted in 2003, I'm guessing Mr. Lucado wrote it, but I'm sure he's willing to share.
How freaky is it that 4 years after I get this Bible I read this particular devotion? I have never read this devotional before, I would remember "Playfish" magazine. And I'm behind on my sermons. It's from the end of January of this year. I can only believe God wanted me to get this message today. It's not that I'm unhappy, but I think he wanted me to know that in this world there will be trouble, because I'm not made for this world. But I have hope, for a better day. And I know that he does have all of this turmoil around me under control. Now, I'm going to get Runner's World magazine and a diet coke (yeah, that's how I roll, no "playfish" or martini for this girl) and be as happy as earthly possible. And these two things make me pretty happy.

Will there be diet coke in heaven?

1 comment:

  1. If there is a God (and indeed there is), there will most certainly be Diet Coke in heaven.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete