Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 2

This was a rough week for me. I managed to get in both my strength training work outs, but missed the cross training work out. I did run 3 days, Tuesday 3 miles instead of 5, but coming off the half marathon, I felt I needed a slow recovery run, so I went with it. Thursday I set off to run to Nate's baseball game and it felt great. I was rolling along at record pace for a 5 mile run. I got to the half way point and my palms started itching. This is serious, it means I'm in the early stages of an allergy attack. I had let my Singulair prescription run out and it was waiting for me at Dillons. I get hives inside and out. Chest and lungs swell, ears, nose, eyes and throat all swell up and close on me. I get big itchy welts all over. So I called my knight in his shiny red Camaro who came and rescued me with a bottle of water, benadryl, and a tube of benadryl lotion. He drove me to the game and dropped me off. I was okay with the exception of being really sleepy. At least I didn't have to use the epipen. So I got half that run in. Saturday was supposed to be a 10 mile run. We had a very stressful day, and while this usually translates to a great day for running to work off the stress, it really woren me out, so I ran 3 miles and called it good. Fortunately, tomorrow is a new day, start of a new week, and I CAN and will do better. I want to be healthy as I get older, and I know it's going to take a lifetime commitment to a healthy lifestyle to achieve that.
This week is two strength work outs, one cross training work out, two 5 mile runs and 11 on Saturday. We'll see what happens. I have a pretty easy week schedule wise.
Hope everyone has a great week! Do something good for yourself this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment