Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Medicine Head

I went to the Y Friday night feeling great. I came home and sat down on the couch and my throat hurt, my nose was running and I couldn't stop sneezing. My nose has not quit running, I think I've lost four pounds of mucous. I look like Rudolph. I am now using an old tee shirt to blow my nose 1. because it's softer than kleenex and b. because it's bigger than kleenex. Steve brought me cold medicine last night. After taking Whitney's cough medicine I was pretty out of it and didn't realize till this morning that I let two alka seltzers dissolve on my tongue instead of in a glass of water so I could drink it. If you think that sounds pretty nasty, it really is as nasty as you would imagine.
I am trying not to take too much cold medicine because I feel loopy, and then I realized I hadn't taken any for 6 hours, so maybe the cold is what's making me feel loopy. I did have to work, I had contract negotiations, so I sat in the back of the conference room with a box of kleenex (wish I had my tee shirt) a bottle of water and a pump bottle of germ X. There are a few people I thought about breathing all over their desks, but there is no one I dislike enough to wish this on.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE. I'm not contagious virtually.

1 comment:

  1. I am trying not to laugh at your misery because I know how head colds suck egg, but the whole tee-shirt alka setzer thing is just too funny!

    Actually, the tee shirt is sheer genius. Before you go to bed at night, rub some Vaseline jelly around your nostrils. It will work wonders for you if they are getting red, raw and sore.

    I do hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete