Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Remake

A friend of mine went and saw George Strait and Reba McIntyre last Friday. She loved it. I like George okay, but when it comes to paying for concerts I'm pretty picky who I will spend $55+ to see and hear sing. Steve did get Nickelback tickets for May 14, (SCORE) and I'm kind of excited because I'm a die hard rock and roll girl. I have always loved rock and roll music and remember my favorite songs for ever. This has gotten me in trouble with my son on occasion. There was one time we were in the car and I was singing along to "Land of Confusion" and Nate says "mom, this is disturbed". I don't think my singing is that bad, but then I found out Disturbed is the name of the band that remade Genesis 80's version. Sonic drive thru a short time later I'm singing along "word up, every body say" when it is pointed out to me that I am singing a Korn song. There is nothing redeeming about any Korn music. I thought it was Cameo, again from the 80's. But the one that sticks the most is walking through the mall singing "personal Jesus" and getting told that that was Marilyn Manson. If you don't know who he is, don't look him up. Please. I thought I was singing Depeche Mode. Most recently I knew every word to the new Carrie Underwood which made me intensely cool. She remade a Randy Travis song. Now there is a man who can do country music right. Are the remakes better than the original? In some case yes, in some no.
Some things in my life get remade on a regular basis. My bed, my hair color, some things I keep pretty true. My fashion style and love of inappropriate footwear. I am going to be one of those old women who wears what she likes regardless of how it looks. I pretty much do now.
My life has been remade several times. Many have been out of my control. I was remade from a single woman into a mother, from a single mother into a wife and stepmother. I wouldn't change these remakes. I was remade from a sinner to a child of God. Another remake I am so glad to have.
I am so glad to have a remake every morning. His mercies are new every morning. Praise God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment