Sunday, February 7, 2010

Training Week 8, Marathon 2

I worked up a sweat aqua jogging. Went to the downtown branch of the YMCA Friday night and I had a 5 lane 50 yard lap pool all to myself. With a lifeguard. I put on the floatation band around my waist and ran for 100 minutes. My thighs burned. My calves cramped. I finally have figured out how to make this a real workout. The lifeguard had turned on the boom box because I was all for the distraction. And it seemed to be a good workout, because on Saturday I was so hungry I felt like I had ran ten miles.
I do need to get a new swimsuit. My "mom" suit, which is a real swimsuit, but the top is a cami and the bottom is a skirt attached to a pair of granny panties gets all wrapped up around me. It's two years old and I'm swimming in it (HAHAHAHA) because I am losing weight at the rapid pace of about one size a year. I do have another suit, it's very cute, but it also has a skirt and the top just ties around the neck. Afraid I might lose it. Thinking speedo type one piece with spandex shorts over it.
I am finding out that the alternative training is making me go to the gym (even if I could run we've had a lot of ice, so I wouldn't be running outdoors) and I'm doing more strength and circuit work, so lots of good things going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment