Friday, October 21, 2011

Conversations with Whitney

Ever wonder what your children think of you?

Last weekend we were at the volleyball tournament in Sabetha, Kansas. The 2010 census lists their population at 2,571. Perspective??? Heights had 1,554 official enrollment in 2010. Whitney said it's really crowded this year, don't know if that means more students or different schedule.

Some of the volleyball team snuck out their windows. I saw the pictures on facebook. Taken by my daughter. I would like to say the three senior girls involved were the ringleaders, but sadly, truthfully, it was the sophomore girls, (aka WHITNEY BAKER).

And one of the senior girls at senior night says her favorite volleyball memory is sneaking out of the hotel room and taking pictures in the field. Coach has said he's resigning. Said at the senior reception (mmmmmm cake) that next year there will be a parent in every room. In reply to this...

Whitney: YES!!! My mom will hold the window open for us.***

***Yep, but I'd go with them.

She was interviewed for the catchitkansas.com website.

http://www.catchitkansas.com/sports/cik-heights-volleyball-has-solid-week-20111017,0,197854.story

I still can't get my links to work, I have got to get a computer whiz to show me what I'm doing wrong. If you want to read it, you can paste this into your browser. She comes across like the intelligent young lady she is. Not the dodgeball looking toughie.

2 comments:

  1. These area always my favorite posts. :)
    As for the links, this might sound overly simplified so please don't be insulted, k? Do you use the "Link" option on the tool bar to create your link? It works much better than pasting a link into your text. Maybe you do and there's another problem, but that was my first thought.
    loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I'll try that. Not insulted at all.

    ReplyDelete