Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Want

I want to love my husband.

No matter how bad his mood is or how good his mood is.

When he treats me like a princess.

When he doesn’t. (I can be on the other side of the fairy tale, I can be witchy.)

When he buys me gifts.

When he doesn’t.

When he tells me I look nice in jeans and tee shirt. (I think they said sweat pants, but if he told me I looked good in sweats, I would know it wasn't true.)

When he doesn’t notice how nice I look dressed up and fixed up.

I want to remember he’s human.

He will not always put me first.

He will not always hang on my every word.

He will not want to spend every moment with me.

He may want to choose the restaurant.

He gets to make decisions in my house.

He will mess up.

He will hurt me.

He will not be perfect.

BUT I WILL LOVE HIM. EVERY MOMENT, EVERY DAY.

I WILL FORGIVE HIM. I WILL EXTEND GRACE.

This is for all my single lady friends who keep posting on facebook that they want a man who treats them like a princess, tells them they are hot in sweat pants with no make up and who will basically put them on a pedestal and worship them. THAT’S WRONG. Only worship God.

Are you willing to love? Whole heartedly? 100%? Give someone your best? That means nice sweat pants. Make a list of the things you want to do for those you love.

Remember 1 Corinthians 13 says “love does not demand its own way”. Maybe if the world quit selling the idea of demanding what you want and looking for perfection (cause you ain't no perfect princess either) and settle for happily married imperfection like the rest of us. I love my imperfect man. With everything I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment