Monday, March 5, 2012

I don't wanna be a grown up

I don’t want to be a grown up today. I didn’t want to get out of bed. I didn’t want to have to think about how much vacation I have and who would finish the two projects on my desk that are due tomorrow. I didn’t want to put on two layers of foundation to even out my skin tone. I don’t want to deal with the chronic aches and pains that come from getting older. I wanted to put my hair in a ponytail. I wanted to put on yoga pants and a hoodie. I want grandma to give me $10 or $20 every time she sees me. I want it to be at least acceptable to be mad at mean girls who purposely hurt me and if I call them the names they deserve everyone excuses it because of my immaturity. I don’t want to be responsible for the dishes and laundry getting done. Even if I don’t do them, I’m still having to make sure they get done. I don’t want to pay the electric and gas bill or stop by the grocery store on my way home. Since I have already lived the teenage part of my life and do acknowledge that it is Whitney’s turn now, I put on my big girl pants, my work clothes and my make-up and I am being a grown up. But on the inside…I’m wearing yoga pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment