Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In my corner

An eventful week. Tuesday Zoey came into the world, here are a few more pictures.
Doesn't she look like me?
Zoey and her family.

Then SPRING BREAK TRIP to Dallas.
I love priceline.com.

Dinner at Piranha Killer Sushi with Steve's lifelong friend Jess Benner and his wife Mel. I had never eaten sushi. And in the spirit of being present in the moment, I ordered sushi. Cooked sushi, but I liked it. And I didn't pass up the sample of raw sushi. I wouldn't order it, but I didn't gag.

Six Flags. I shared a couple weeks ago that I don't like roller coasters. Again, being present in the moment and refusing to let my fear/dislike dictate the day, I rode five of them. The Titan Denae decided not to ride. Whitney was scared but wanted to ride so I told Steve to ride with her and got on by myself. NEVER CROSSED MY MIND TO NOT RIDE WITH DENAE. As the roller coaster climbed the first long hill, I realized I didn't want to ride, I really was afraid, and why the heck wasn't I standing safe at the exit with Denae? I would like to say that I relaxed and enjoyed the ride, but I stayed a fraidy cat through the whole ride and was quite thrilled to get off. I still rode two more.

After six hours I couldn't take it anymore and yes I did pay $3.50 for a 20 oz. diet coke.

These two had a ball. Until they got tired and cranky. So we left.

We then went to the Galleria for shopping and Whitney and Denae bought oodles of stuff. Cute stuff. It was fun to watch them and see all the cool stuff they found.

And of course, Steve and I had to find a trail for a couple of miles on territory we had never covered. Steve found this at Grapevine Lake. He ran much further than I did, and I sat in the car and watched the storm roll in over the lake and hoped he was ahead of it. He wasn't, it caught him with a mile and half left to go. To give you an idea of what he finished in, Dallas got 2 inches in 4 hours. It was crazy. And he loved it. I was quite happy that he got a long run in that he really enjoyed and that Whitney had a good time too.

Steve is the white speck running into the trees.

And of course, if my family is happy, I'm happy too. I also got a text Sunday while we were at Six Flags that said "I'm coming home tomorrow through Saturday. Yep, get to see my man child for a week. After the last two sucky spring breaks, this one was alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment