Friday, April 12, 2013

life is good

I was going to post about life being good. Then I realized that's not really what I want to say.

Life is good, don't get me wrong. Things are well. Family is well. Job is going good, I'm healthy, plantar fasciitis is almost completely gone, I can run again.

Life has its bumps but that just keeps me on my toes. Speaking of toes, Steve had the neuroma taken out of his left foot today, did the right one two years ago and it was time to fix this one. Dr. Truong told me the nerve was "a monster". Terribly inflamed, very large. Now we just have to get him recovered and keep him from going stir crazy for two weeks.

So, off the rabbit trail and back onto life is good...

That's not it. When I say life is good I'm saying good things are happening right now, I'm in a good place, I'm enjoying life. Which I am.

What I really want to say is I have a good life. A good life. Lots of people I get to love (and that love me). A job that provides for me and my family (and I like doing it and I'm kind of good at it). Lots of hobbies I get to pursue. Reading, running, working out, writing. None of them will ever be money makers or careers, they will always just be hobbies, but I get to pursue them. I occasionally throw in a craft or two, make a blanket or coasters or some random project.

I can afford to give. Not huge amounts, but I have enough money and time that I can donate some of both. (And the occasional requested dessert, oreo balls are being made for a teacher who has requested them several times from Whitney since October). I don't get to give as much as I would like, but there have been times when I didn't have excess of either so I'm quite pleased that I can.

I hope the same for you. That you can say you have a good life. That you have people to love, activities to enjoy and work to keep your hands busy and provide. Because I believe that you can provide for your family without working outside the home so for the stay at home mom, you are very important (and fortunate) in your labor of/for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment