Monday, April 15, 2013

You just have to be human

When the Sandy Hook tragedy occurred, I was horrified. Saddened. Not because I'm a teacher or a parent or have dealt with a child with mental disabilities. Not because I know teachers or anyone in Connecticut. It was a terrible thing.

When I heard about the bombing at the Boston Marathon today I was overwhelmed. Tragic. Horrific. Not because I'm a runner. Not because I've been to the Boston Marathon. Not because a friend was running.

BECAUSE I'M HUMAN!

The loss of life, any life is sad. The untimely loss is even sadder. The taking of a life is unconscionable.

As humans we should all value life. We don't need a special connection to a tragedy like this to feel deeply sorrowful. That belittles the hearts of everyone that can't claim a connection.

I cried over both situations. Because the condition of our country is truly in decline.

My prayers for our country and the people of our country and the leadership of our country need to be more frequent and more fervent.

Because I'm human, and because I'm a child of God.

1 comment: