Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Training Update

You can't really call what I'm doing training. I go workout with Marquis and if it hurts, I don't do it. Knee surgery is in 11 days. Then I have 4 weeks till I can start running again. I can't imagine running without knee pain. I think it will be wonderful. But I don't know...

We celebrated our anniversary of working out for a whole year with Marquis. We went out to eat with the group that trains with us. During the school year, it's just Steve, Me and a man named Chris. This summer we added a couple of high school/college kids that wanted to get/stay in shape for fall sports. Mark, poor shy boy, is no match for Whitney and Emily. Emily is going to college in August and will be playing volleyball. Whitney now comes and works out with us all the time too. Emily mom, my friend Sheila has also joined. So in August, it will be Steve, Chris, Sheila and I.

Wednesday we pushed a Dodge Ram. Steve and I pushed it 300 yards over three circuits, interspersed with push ups and running sprints. It was hard. Quite entertaining to watch Whitney and Emily push the Dodge Ram. They didn't have to push it up the hill, Steve and I did.


I have my "come back" race picked, but we'll see if I can actually "come back". It's not till December, so we shall see.

And of course, I will let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment