Monday, March 3, 2014

All things considered...

You know how when you have a bad day you should stop and count your blessings? I've not been able to do that.

I counted the people that their driving ticked me off on the way home (really, who cuts in line at the drive thru? and major pet peeve, speed up to get in front of me to slow down and turn).

Today I swiped my debit card in the cafeteria and it was declined. Forget the embarrassment that comes with that, I was ticked. I went to the ATM and it also declined me. I checked my balance just to see what was going on, but as I thought, I had plenty of money. Figuring it was the computer on my way to work out I swiped it for gas. DECLINED! Now I'm really upset, call the bank, that whole Target thing? I had used my debit card there. I had either not seen, not received, or ignored the letter from the bank that said my card would be canceled (they don't email or text from my bank, what century is this???). I walk into work out, look at Marquis and say "I hate people". To be clear, the people who stole the numbers from Target and made my life difficult.

PEOPLE!!! If it ain't yours, don't take it! Money, identity, debit card numbers, husbands, ice cream sandwiches (yep, leave my skinny cows alone).

I have a bad supplier that is blaming all their shortages and missed shipments on me. Seriously? With this computer age, you think I can't pull the data that shows I'm right? But I'm getting tired of defending myself to my new boss.

I have a meeting every day that's a quarter mile walk. It's a further walk than that to my car. The scooter was gone, I ended up in knee deep snow to avoid a truck and forklift that were passing each other. I was wearing my boots, but was wearing them with a skirt.

One of my kids cost me $498.17 this weekend.

This weather makes my skin dry and itchy.

Maybe tomorrow I'll count my blessings. I can at least count to one, right?

All things considered...today was not the best day. But as I sit here at home with Steve in the recliner next to me and the dog under my feet and chili burritos in my belly, I guess I did find something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment