Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Anti - aging

I have decided I'm ready to age gracefully.

I will still dye my hair.

I will still use moisturizer and wrinkle cream.

I will not wear polyester.

I will not wear my hair old woman style.

But I don't believe now (or ever) that youth is better.

I like where I am in life.

I like the freedom of my children being grown.

I like the confidence I have in myself.

I like where I am in my career.

I have enjoyed every stage of life. There were times I didn't exactly like life, but it's been good.

I would not go back to 18, been there.

I would not go back to 21, done that.

I would not go back to 30, I was so busy with work and kids and family that I don't remember that.

I got to be young.

I got married.
I had my babies.
I've had great times (and some struggles).

I'm happy with where I am, and where I'm heading.

Who decided youth was better?

Who decided aging was a bad thing?

I'm pretty dang happy with my life.

I'm going to enjoy every minute of where I am, and no apologies for getting older.

This whole "anti-aging" industry? I'll use what I want of it, but I even like my laugh lines.

Yep, I'll use their wrinkle cream, but I'll enjoy my wrinkles while I rub it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment