Monday, March 22, 2010

Family

Do you ever think about the difference in mothers? I had Whitney and 3 of her friends in the car the other day. I'm going to have to make sure I listen better. Anyway, I dial in when I hear this conversation going on. Wow Whitney, if I said that to my mom she would be devastated. Yeah, my mom would cry. I listened better to figure out they were talking about a friend of mine and her daughter and a conversation they had. That I laughed when I heard. This friend is a lot like me (whatever that means) and her daughter is a lot like Whitney. Conversation went something like this. "But mooooommmmm, I wanna go to the movies." Mom says, "Yeah, well I wanna be stick thin." (She's not big, but she is my age and has had two kids.) Daughter says, "well, at least what I want is attainable." Rude, yes. Body image problems, none. I just laughed and told these girls that God knows what he's doing and puts the right kids in the right families, because a lot of mothers would have killed Whitney by age 9. Joking of course, and Whitney laughed. Family dynamics are sure different for all of us. I sure love my Whitney.

1 comment:

  1. It is always fascinating to me and my kids how different families are. It is fun to eavesdrop, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete