Thursday, March 25, 2010

Issues, donuts and Walgreens

I have issues. Does that surprise anyone? Yesterday I had an unpleasant conversation. Right before I left work. I had errands to run which these errands had me drive a different course than I normally do. I can go from home to work to school to get Whitney and back home and only be off the highway system here in Wichita for a couple miles. It’s great. But yesterday, the errands I needed to run had me drive cross town on city streets. And this unpleasant conversation was eating at me. I could not believe it when I realized I was in the Krispy Kreme parking lot heading through the drive through. (One of my errands was Dillons, and Krispy Kreme is right there too.) It took every bit of will power I had to pull out of the line before I placed an order for a dozen donuts. I won’t tell you how many of them I can eat, I’m pretty ashamed of my donut eating ability. I attend weight watchers meetings (typically I run the 6 miles to the meeting, I’m as obsessive about this as I am about eating donuts) and one donut is 26.08% of my daily food allowance. Weight watchers is not based on calories but on the nutrition content of the food. The only healthy thing about a donut is the hole.
Food / emotional eating is only one of my issues. I’ll share a few more and let you decide just how whacky I am. I love magazines. I LOVE magazines. The shiny paper. The coupons. The perfume samples. The way every time you turn the page it’s something new. The little boxes of additional information. I could go to doctor/dentist offices just to read magazines. And read them over and over. Then I will share them, because I think everyone should share my weird affinity for magazines.
Next weird issue is I touch my face a lot. I was not aware of this until recently when Whitney pointed it out to me in the extremely honest not too kind I’m telling the truth as only a 13 year old girl can and you are mom and therefore have no feelings kind of way. Then Steve confirmed it. I’m pretty self conscious about it now. And I do touch my face excessively.
I always sleep on my side facing out. I don’t sleep facing the middle of the bed, ever and I can’t sleep with my face towards the back of the couch.
I love to go to Walgreen’s. This in itself is not weird. The weird part is that I never buy anything. I just walk around and look at stuff. And then leave, with as much money as I went in with. This never happens at Walmart or Dillons. If I have an extra 10-20 minutes and I drive by Walgreen’s, I will stop. And look. And not buy.
I’m going to go now, I think I’m going to Walgreen’s and then to get a donut.

1 comment:

  1. Let me make you feel a little more secure.

    The smell of new carpet makes me drool. Take that as literally as you can. It's true. It's the MOST delicious smell!

    If that ain't weird at its finest, I'm not sure what is!

    ReplyDelete