Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Today is my husband’s birthday. He is 40. We have two graduating from high school this spring and Whitney starts high school in the fall. Life is full. He is healthier and in better shape than he has been any other time in his life except for high school soccer and army basic training. I know how fortunate I am to be married to a man who loves God, loves his family, loves his church and loves me. (He’s really hot, too). He asked me last night if he could invite a friend to his party. We’re just having a family party like we do every year because he doesn’t want anything more than that. He’s just that way. I told him he could invite whoever he wants. He has invited his biggest fan. (I would argue that I am his biggest fan…) Her name is Lillia, she is three years old and she is crazy about my man. I find it quite humorous that he invited a three year old to his 40th birthday party. He invited her parents too, I have never met them. Since Whitney is at a friend’s house tonight, celebrating spring break and Nate is in Phoenix for baseball practice all week Steve and I are on our own tonight. I’m going to run the 6 miles to my weight watchers meeting and then have Steve pick me up and we will get ice cream on the way home to celebrate. Chocolate milk shakes are his absolute favorite.

For those of you who have never met him, you can see him with our band at
newspring.org

He’s the vocalist without a guitar. And stick around for Mark's talk. It's the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment