Monday, March 1, 2010

Love Month

February is not only Valentine's Day, it is also the month my anniversary falls in. Steve and I decided the first Valentine's Day we were together it was a holiday we would not celebrate. Along with Groundhog Day, Arbor Day, and many others. However, we do try to remember our anniversary. And neither of us have forgotten it, ever. This year we both remembered it, but it got here faster than we expected. So anniversary morning I got to work to an email from Steve wishing me happy anniversary. That night we talked about how quickly it had gotten here and we decided it wasn't a holiday we were going to skip because celebrating our marriage is going to happen, it's an important thing to remember and an event worth celebrating. So Saturday night after church we went out to eat.
Let me just say before I go on that I had a rough couple of weeks. Lots of stuff going on. And when I was whining to Steve about all the things that had happened and all the things I want to do that I can't do (see Sunday's post) he looked at me across the table and said "at least you still get to be married to me." How's that for putting things in perspective?

1 comment: