Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm not living for God anymore

How about that title? Scare you a little? God has been so amazing in my life this week. Praying is like swiping my debit card. Immediate reassurance. Scriptures that are the voice of God in my ear. Comfort. Peace. Assurance he is God.
So what does "I'm not living for God anymore" mean? While I was running and praying this morning God laid something on my heart. He said, "quit, and let me". So when I say I'm living for God, it's about me and what I can do. And I'm pretty dang sure I can't do anything right now. But he also spoke this to my heart. If you'll quit trying so hard to live for me, and let me live through you, this will be so much better.

Colossians 1:11 says "God will strengthen you with his own great power so you will not give up when troubles come but you will be patient."

It's all him. Not me.

2 comments: