Sunday, March 6, 2011

In my corner

In an effort to be more "transparent and open"...
Syncros went out of Steve's car. It won't shift into 5th gear or reverse.
Rear brakes went out on my SUV.
Sold Nate's jeep for scrap metal, because it was totaled in the fog. Covered the towing/storage costs.
Been coordinating 4 different schedules on 3 different sides of town with two cars.
Steve's car was in a hit and run in a parking lot.
Middle stepdaughter returned home from prison and went right back to old friends and old lifestyle.
Youngest stepdaughter went to jail on child endangerment charges and her baby is in protective custody while they approve a family member for temporary custody and look for permanent foster care. Stepdaughter is now "concerned" about the babies safety and well being because it's in foster care.
Wasted time at Barnes & Noble with Whitney. God led me to a book and told me to buy it. Read it and make changes. Because I have some issues.
Steve declined a job as a worship pastor after 4 months of the "interview" process.
Nate dropped a bomb on me about his plans for this summer and next year. Momma is not ready for her boy to move away yet.
Whitney's best friend was in a fight at school this week. Not her fault. Totally unprovoked. She fought back, because she had no choice. It's on You tube. It was that premeditated, they set it up and had a friend tape it. I've talked to her mom about it several times. (Friend is handling it remarkably well).
Drove home from Kansas City in a thunderstorm. Included hail, 50 mph winds, lightning, thunder, blinding rain and trucks passing at 70 mph.
Had another food allergy attack, with a dinner I cooked. Turns out I can't have McCormick seasonings.
It's been really stressful around my house. I don't say all this for sympathy or compassion. Just thought for a change instead of sharing all the cool things, all the good things in my life, I'd come down to where the real people live and let you know the other side of my life. However,in spite of all this, I experienced many blessings last week too.

Just keeping it real.

3 comments: