Thursday, September 22, 2011

Steve, Snakes and Taco Bell

Steve came home Monday night with this story. He went and ran with our friend Steve W. at Sedgwick County Park. He said he heard something hiss and looked over and there was a snake. It was coiled, it was kind of wound up and it’s head was up and it’s tongue was shooting in and out and it was hissing. AUDIBLY. He said if he’d been walking, it would’ve been able to bite him. Steve W. said he heard it, but thought it was the sprinklers coming on. Every snake I’ve come in sight of was trying to get away from me, was never in the attack frame of mind. I have to tell you, this one freaked Steve out a little. He doesn’t know what kind it was, but really, do you need to know? Ewwwww.

Steve came home Wednesday night from a run on the trail behind our house. Had to run off the trail around behind a snake spread out 4 foot wide across the path. I think the sudden change in temps has driven them out looking for warmer places.

If I have to take 6 weeks off from running, this is a good time. I seeing snakes.

I can’t wait to get back on a real training schedule for a real run with tee shirts and aid stations and other runners and the excitement of the starting line and the comraderie of the finish line. Hopefully in November I’ll get the chance. Next up, crew for the Heartland 100 Steve is running in October.

And totally unrelated, I love Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment