Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tummy Tuck - 2 Weeks Post Op

I saw a plastic surgeon three years ago and he told me that my ab muscles were non-existent (due to carrying a ten pound baby) and that I would never lose my tummy, it would have to be surgically removed. I somewhat believed him, but also thought he just wanted money.

So after three years I have run a handful of 10K's, several 10 milers, four half marathons, two marathons and more double digit training runs than I can count. I have run at 5:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m. I have run through every type of weather and every condition possible. I have counted calories and attended weight watchers. I have gone hungry and skipped dessert. I hired a personal trainer and went to ab classes three times a week for six months.

I found out he was right. So I saw another surgeon. Remember this post?

http://patsybaker.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-than-you-want-to-know.html

She explained that having no muscles in my abs would not allow me to lose the weight in my tummy and worked my back overtime when I did core exercise. Which was causing chronic back pain, trouble sleeping even. I had no idea my back was straining to cover for my non-existent abs. Whitney laughed herself silly over this, "mom, you did all those crunches for nothing."

So I did it. Here is my day before surgery and my two weeks post op, taken today. I'm experiencing a bit of swell hell, but it is getting better. Will take a while for it to completely subside.

I went back to work after a week and it was a little rough the first three days, but then I got a weekend and it's been good since. A few too many post op doctor appointments, but that's a good thing.

I am thrilled. THRILLED.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow. I always figured I would get that pre-5 babies tummy back with running too. So far - no. Maybe it has to do with all the ice cream I like to eat, oh, and I should probably try sit-ups; but this makes the tummy-tuck very tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and I think you look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing before and afte, but of course you do as you are an amazing person. I am so happy that you shared this adventure. Shelia B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Awesome! Kurt and I were just checking the pictures out and we both think you look amazing! So happy and excited for you, glad you are feeling better too :) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i admire you for your courage and positive mindset in doing the surgery. It looks wonderful and simply amazing. Thanks for sharing your story. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patsy, I really appreciate you sharing your experience via this article. I have been considering the tummy tuck procedure, but was unsure if it was really worth it. To see you're before and after pictures and to know besides the minor issues that come with having the surgery, you are 'thrilled' is great motivation for me to do something to make me feel better about myself. Thank you for the courage and p.s. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As we make the changes to achieve a certain look that we desire, we become more confident with our selves and become more comfortable in our interaction with others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, marvelouѕ blog lаyout! How long hаve you been blogging for?
    you madе bloggіng lοok easy. Τhe oνerall look of уour
    sіte is great, аѕ well аs the content!
    My page ... cup size increase

    ReplyDelete