Friday, September 2, 2011

Do you ever?

Hear a cell phone ring that makes you want to dance?

See a child enjoying themself and it makes you smile?

Cry because you hurt for someone else?

Do something nice for someone that NO ONE will ever know it was you?

Stay up at night and pray for someone you love?

Laugh too much?

Make a new lifetime friend based on a single common experience?

Wish for something like you did when you were 4? Eyes closed, fists clenched, knowing if you believe enough it will happen?

Celebrate and share someone else's good news?

Sing at the top of your lungs? Off key?

Do something extravagant for yourself? Even if it's just a $4.00 latte?

Get dirty with your kids?

Create something new, a craft, a new meal, a new dessert?

Fear failing so much that you won't step out and try something?

Thank God that you are you? You the way he made you? With all your faults (that you are trying to overcome) with all your idiosynchrosies that no one else fully understands? With all your weaknesses that make you want to ostrich yourself?

That's where I am today. Thinking of all the wonderful wacky painful things that life has handed me and what to do with them. This has been a year I will never fully recover from. I've accepted that. I know now, for the first time ever that God really will never let me down. I will not ever get everything I want. Things will not go my way. But...

I WILL GET EVERYTHING HE WANTS FOR ME. THINGS WILL GO HIS WAY.

His way really is better. And that makes me smile....

Isaiah 55:8-12
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the Lord.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;

1 comment: