Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Virtual Darkness

I took a week off. From work. From email. From twitter. From facebook. From my blog and everyone elses. Due to the nature of why I was off I also did no housework and cooking. If I had to feed myself I ate cereal or PB&J. Whitney made Sunday dinner. Chile and cinnamon rolls. And both were delicious. Steve has been taking care of both of us. And doing a darn fine job.

Today I'm back at work. Took Whitney to school and drove on to my office. Logged on to my computer and (gulp) 579 new email messages. Fortunately, everything that had an action required had been worked by my extraordinary co-workers. So that just left reading thoroughly to make sure if there was follow-up I was in the loop.

Now I'm at lunch. PB&J and grapes. I'm released to go back to work, but not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk or do housework. Nice gig, I tell ya.

I did not miss my computer or facebook or twitter. I checked my personal email and opened the ones that I knew required a response from me. Everything else I deleted. It's kind of powerful.

And just to let you know how much I love technology, even in my virtually dark week, I have called Whitney the last three days to wake her up for school. From my room to her room, I've called her and said it's time to get up.

*please note, I never offer my mothering practices as the correct way to do things.*

No comments:

Post a Comment