Friday, December 9, 2011

Conversations with Whitney

United Way Operation Holiday


I wanted to get my (at least) three mile run in, so I ran to the facility and Steve took Denae and Whitney with him. They were working hard by the time I got there.

We sorted food into vegetables, grains, fruit (canned), proteins, miscellaneous, peanut butter, etc. It gave me time to think about how much we take for granted. There was a huge area set up with donated coats and another room full of donated toys.

I was glad Steve signed us up. It was hard work. Loading canned food from grocery carts into boxes and then carrying the boxes. I'm out of shape.

Whitney and Denae had a good time, and have made note of this for college scholarship applications. They were happy to do it just to do it, and then found out they might be able to use this experience and are looking for others.

Good girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment