Wednesday, July 4, 2012

bite me

do you know anyone that if something awkward can happen to them, it will?  yes, you do.  me.

tuesday night i was sitting on the front porch having a melt down.  i try to do that at least once a month.  a spot on my hip was itching.  had been all day, but it seemed worse. i can't remember if it was itching monday night or not, i was so stinking tired after flying home. 

after working out i took a shower and the hot water made my whole backside itch.  so i scratched.

it continued to get worse.  i thought about the evening i sat in the dirt at an aid station in track shorts, that maybe i sat on something, but i would have felt chiggars right away or fire ants or whatever.

finally figured out...

bedbugs. 

not from the hotel, steve and i slept in the same bed for four nights and i was the only one with bites, and they were all in my panty line on the backs of my legs. 

i ended up with prednisone for the inflammation and itching and antibiotics for the infection.

interestingly, steve and i didn't fly together on one leg of the flight, from rapid city to minneapolis on the way home.  and we never sat together on the planes.  so pretty sure they are from the airplane. 

you do not want to experience bedbugs.  ever.

this almost did make me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment