Sunday, July 1, 2012

t minus 10 weeks

i have decided to wait till next spring to attempt an ultra marathon.  i'm hoping to find a 50 miler that is pretty easy (relatively speaking) and steve can just run the whole thing with me.

my knee is so much better after taking two weeks off from running and doing alternate exercise.  i have missed a couple of long runs as well as a couple of back to back runs on weekends and i'm not going to be ready.

life is hard enough without setting myself up to fail.  i don't want to dnf my first ultra so I'm going to reschedule it. 

i am still planning on running in september, just dropping to the marathon distance.  i am looking at one in october and one in november.  hopefully i will get to do one of the two.

i'm not even disappointed, frankly, i'm relieved.  ten weeks isn't a whole lot of time and i was getting nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment