Sunday, August 12, 2012

the adventures of wander woman

i ran my first 5k saturday. it was the glow run, started at 8:45 p.m. since it was in wichita, next to the bike path i run on frequently, started across the street from the minor league ball field nate has played a few games at, less than a mile from the public library and within running distance to my parents house (i run 20 miles, everywhere is running distance, lol) i was certain i would not get lost. i was more concerned about the number of people running. there were a lot.

i ran with a team, we were named "the real housewives of sedgwick county". we had tee shirts made, put nicknames on the back. here is the team, i only knew the two women on either side of me, signed up to run with carrie. we got separated about a mile in when she went left around some walkers and i got stuck behind them.


and the back of my shirt with my nickname


it was a bit of a rough run for me, 4 weeks out from the hawk marathon, and i have registered for it so i'm committed now. i had a long training run saturday, so i ran 15 miles saturday morning and then back out for my last 3.2 at the glow run. i was prepared for it to be a rough start, at least. but other than the callous on the bottom of my foot that's been bothering me, i was okay. once i stopped and took my socks off and ran without them it was much better. it was really a good time.


Official time 34:19 and i was thrilled with my day of running. Celebrated with a braum's strawberry shortcake sundae.


No comments:

Post a Comment