Monday, August 13, 2012

why???

do you ever wonder why?

why did this happen?
why didn't this happen?

and my favorite, why did it happen to me?

it's closely followed by it's relatives,

how and what

how come?

what did i do to deserve this?

these are dangerous questions to spend too much time on. mostly because usually there aren't answers. and if there are, in my case, the answers don't help.


isaiah 55:8-11 "for my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what i desire and achieve the purpose for which i sent it".


i find a lot of comfort in this passage. there is no room to mistake what god is saying here. he knows more. his ways and thoughts are better.

i have memorized this scripture in a couple of different translations of the bible, which should be a good thing, except they get all jumbled up now. basically, though, i have it hidden in my heart that "my ways are not your ways" and i never forget that. i might question, but when i do, this passage is usually quick to come to mind that he knows more. and he will accomplish what he desires.

mine is to accept that he wants better for me than i want for myself. that he knows what is good, no, better for me than i know myself.

do you ever have questions? do you accept that god knows more and leave it in his hands? is it as hard for you as it me?

2 comments:

  1. I think if we didn't question we wouldn't grow. I find accepting the answer, whatever it is, the stretching part.

    ReplyDelete