Tuesday, August 21, 2012

where do you find adventure?

you know i'm all about adventure.

i saw this on facebook...
"summer is the time for adventure"

so i looked. it was advertising the game "oregon trail" available on droids and iphones.

it made me laugh. adventure in a game on your cell phone. it's not my kind of adventure. i play games on my cell phone. words with friends and sudoku, when i don't have a book on my kindle app i haven't read. (don't get the wrong idea, i'm not a brainiac, these are just what i enjoy).

i realize that we all have our escapes. when life gets to be too much, what do you do? i have a couple, i workout. i clean. i read my bible. i break things (it has to get really bad for me to get to this point, but i feel so much better after i smash things and then clean it up, except when it is something i wish i hadn't broke because it was a gift or can't be replaced. but what's done is done).

and if i feel the need to really escape, i run.

so if you find adventure in a video game or on line good for you. if that is your escape, glad you have one.

i'm finding more and more that my soul craves the outdoors and god's beautiful creation. that my body wants the activity. wants to be pushed, to feel strong and tired at the same time. that my mind wants to wander, not be focused on a task or caught up in a book or television show. that i need to feel free, at least for a few hours a week.

my next adventure is the hawk marathon in september, a trail run at clinton lake in lawrence, kansas, (i'm always happy to go there, get to see nate), and i'm very excited about that.

what's your escape? your idea of adventure

1 comment:

  1. If I need to get away, I go for a walk (in the evening) or a run (in the morning) If neither is a possibility, a good book, or a good blog is my escape.

    ReplyDelete