Wednesday, December 2, 2009

525,600 Minutes Post 2

8. Started 5th grade at Christian School. This is the school and the church where and the year when I met Sheila.
9. I started babysitting around this time. Neighbors down the street. One Friday night when I was 12 or 13 the kids were in bed and I was watching TV. I got a phone call from a guy who said he was watching me. I hung up and made sure the curtains were closed. He called right back and said he could still see me. Called twice more before my Dad could get there. Never babysat for them again.
10. Being in gym class when we heard that President Reagan had been shot.
11. Met Rebecca (Becca) my 8th grade year of high school.
12. I met Steve my freshman year of high school. Didn’t know how important he would be to my future at the time.
13. High school crushes: Robert, Tony, Steve (not my current crush Steve, either), Keith, Fred, Mike, Kevin, Donny (this list includes my first kiss at age 16 as well)
14. First job was at Dairy Queen. This was an eye opener for me as I came from Christian school, Christian home and church for everything, the kids I worked with there opened my eyes to a whole new world of teenagers. Michael and Martin Diggs were a riot, twins that I loved working with. My first two marriage proposals came when I was 16 working at Dairy Queen from two very well-bred, intellectual African American teenage boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment