Friday, December 11, 2009

Conversations with Whitney

Setting: My kitchen, cabinets wide open

Nate: Whitney, did you eat all the Easy Mac, you fattie!
Whitney: No, you must have eaten it and don’t remember!
Nate: I didn’t eat it. You know you did. Did you drink all the Gatorade? Fattie!
Whitney: No, I didn’t drink the Gatorade. (Laughing)
Me: Nate, just eat that Clam Chowder.
Nate: We have Clam Chowder? (looking in cabinet) No we don’t, did you eat that too, Fattie?
Whitney: No, Nate, I didn’t eat that too. (Laughing)

Ten minutes later, Whitney is eating Easy Mac.

Nate: Where did you get that?
Whitney: I hid it so you wouldn’t eat it, because who’s the fattie? I hid the Clam Chowder and the Gatorade too, FATTIE!
At this exact point in time the cookie jar is full, there is left over chocolate cake on the counter and two boxes of gummi savers in the snack cabinet, milk and cherry pepsi in the fridge and my fatties are fighting over mac-n-cheese, clam chowder and gatorade. Also need to say that “fattie” is a term of endearment in our family.

1 comment: