Sunday, December 20, 2009

Training Week 1, Marathon 2

Yes, I am planning marathon 2. It was such a great experience and now that I have recovered, I'm kind of excited. I start this week with a different 18 week training schedule. Instead of novice, I'm attempting an intermediate schedule with the plan of running the next one better. Not sure what better means, but going to see how it goes. The intermediate training schedule is more miles per week, and more days per week. The biggest difference that I can think of right now is the time of year/temperature difference. I did the majority of my training in summer which had me running in 90+ degree days and this time it will be cold. But I have cold weather gear, long socks, gloves, hats, and I'm ready to go.
I have two marathons to choose from in April and I have to work around Whitney's regional volleyball tournament. Once I get the date on that the beginning of January, I will decide. So tune in on Sundays (if you want) to hear my misadventures. This week I have to run more than I have in a while, so it may be difficult, but I only work 1.5 days this week and not at all the next so it's a good time to start. The intermediate training schedule is more miles per week, and more days per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment