Sunday, November 27, 2011

Back at it

“The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep”. Robert Frost

Robert Frost did not write this about trail running, but it fits.

Steve asked me this week what races I want to run in 2012. This was an easy question, my list was 8 races, all double digit miles. 2011 was about getting Steve through the OT 100, which we did. Along the way, I could’ve run as many of the races as I wanted, but unfortunately the stress fracture and surgery sidelined me. I did, however, get to scout a lot of races I would like to run.

I showed Steve the 8 races I want to run, even asking which of the two trail marathons that are two weeks apart would be more suitable and fun. He said he is running the 50 mile at one and the 100K at the other, why don’t I do both (April)? Then there are two half marathons (May & June), a 22 mile lunar run (July), a 50K (September) and a November marathon. They are all close to home, they are mostly trail runs, and I’m going to run as many of them as I can. If I can stay healthy. I never want another stress fracture.

I signed up Tuesday for the April 7 trail marathon. It has already changed my commitment to working out. I love to run and work out, but when I have no goal it’s easier to slack off. So I’m pretty happy to have something to work towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment