Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving

Remember when I posted here about what I'm not thankful for?

I started paying attention to what I am thankful for. Not the standards of Jesus, the Bible, my job, healthy kids, because I am thankful for all of these things. More than you know. But I started really looking at what I'm thankful for.

Dentists. I had a toothache last week.
Antibiotics. Got rid of my toothache.
Fur lined shoes. It's gotten cold.
Cameras/pictures.
The ability to run.
My bed. I laid down for a nap one afternoon and literally said to myself "I love my bed".
Home made biscuits and gravy. Quite possibly the best comfort food ever.
Vacation visits with my son.
Opportunities. There is always something new to attempt, try for, attain.
Music.
My cowboy boots. I got them resoled for $17.00. They are ten years old. I can't replace them.
My clothes dryer.
Second chances. Getting them, giving them.
Books. Actual books with front and back covers and pages. (I think Nooks, Kindles, IPAD's are all really cool, though.)
Watching Grimm with Denae while Whitney takes a nap on the floor.
The color of the trees in the fall.
Steve finishing two hundred mile races in four weeks time and staying healthy while he did so.
Toilet paper. SERIOUSLY!!!
Kind words from friends. Whether it's blog comments, texts, facebook or email, I'm thankful for all of them.
Time with Steve.
My YMCA membership.
Charitable organizations: World Vision, Big Brothers/Sisters, United Way, the Humane Society, I could go on and on.
The virtual world that lets me stay in touch with my friends and family and see pictures, etc.
Answered prayers for my children.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Where would we be without T.P.?! It often gets overlooked on the 'thankful' lists.

    ReplyDelete