Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas is coming...

I wanted to make sure you all knew Christmas is coming. I can't believe the emotions Christmas stirs up. I've already witnessed debates about celebrating the birth of Christ when he wasn't even born in December and the comment was made that Christians need to do their research.

I've already heard people complain about crowds, attitudes, and how much money they will spend. (That may have been in my house, lol).

Loving Christmas music, hating Christmas music.

I just want to make fudge. It's not Christmas till I make it (and eat it).

Christmas is going to be different for us this year. It's been different the last few years, but every year another child moves out, it has a different feel. This school year has been really different with just Whitney home.

Steve and I were talking about Christmas shopping this year. I'm known for last minute everything. Steve knows we will do the majority of our shopping the week before Christmas. With older teenagers/early 20 something kids I'm really kind of stretched for gift ideas. But I'll figure it out.

I decided to run a 4 mile run for the Arthritis Foundation this Saturday. It's called the Jingle Bell Run. That should give me some Christmas spirit. And burn a few calories so I can eat fudge.

I have been overwhelmed with the "don't forget what Christmas is all about" message already this year. I think we need to think about it. I think we need to remember. But it's November. I'm still thinking about what I'm thankful for.

My 2012 ONEWORD is going to be Gratitude. A year of giving thanks. Journaling every day something I am sincerely thankful for. I don't want to just list the easy things, I want to make an effort to notice what I'm really grateful to have in my life. Big or little.

I have a month to be a grinch and then the year of giving thanks starts.

Just had a thought. Maybe I should take an advent calendar and give a little gift everyday to someone I love. Bump up my Christmas spirit, because it could use a little life. Maybe putting a little more focus on those I love will help me get more in the Christmas spirit. Hmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment