Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When I grow up I'm gonna be obese

One of Whitney's friends said this last night. We were at the volleyball team end of season party. Pizza. I declined pizza (well, at first I did), and the cute little thing sitting across the table from me that ate 10 pieces of pizza said, "Oh, mama baker, I know I'm gonna be obese when I grow up. I'm gonna tell my husband before we get married."

Nate has told me for years that he can't wait to be an old man. He's going to wear velcro tennis shoes and let the hair in his ears grow till he has to comb it. He's going to pull his athletic shorts up to his nipples and tuck his white tee shirt in.

This is what the youth of today is looking forward to.


I don't want to be young again. I don't want to be obese and I'm definitely keeping my ear hair trimmed.

1 comment:

  1. My kids like to pull their shorts Waaayy up high and walk around silly - they get this from their dad - they call it the 'old man' look.

    ReplyDelete