Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Confession: I am the "weird" mom.


Walmart has been out of brown paper lunch bags for two weeks. My kids won't carry lunch bags, they want everything disposable. They drop it in the trash can on their way out of the lunch room and their done. So when I didn't have brown paper bags, I had to become resourceful. I used what I have. This is tomorrow's lunches, not Christmas presents I keep in the refrigerator In January. Nate (junior in high school) says he gets some funny looks when he gets his lunch out, but these bags are really durable and hold his lunch and he likes them. And then he added, "besides Mom, my friends know you." Like that explains everything? Like this is not my first weird moment? My first offense?
In my dreams, I'm super mom that has it all together.
In real life, I have lunches packed in Christmas bags, dirty dishes in the sink, clothes finishing in the dryer when I'm going to bed. I can see 5 pairs of shoes on the floor from where I'm sitting. And 3 hoodies but I'm going to bed. They'll still be there tomorrow. This is bad enough. But now I also get to be the weird mom?

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea! And you are NOT weird--creative and resourceful!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're weird... but that's okay because weird is the new cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you know the only reason we exist is to inflict great humiliation on our children? Life would not be worth living without this one pleasure. I am kidding of course. Actually, your kids will be sitting around one day saying, "remember when....... It's about creating positive memories and you are certainly doing that! :-)

    ReplyDelete