Thursday, January 1, 2009

Really, I Can.

As I was running today, I was feeling the extra 4 pounds (of Spasagne) and I wanted to walk. But the inner voice, amazingly similar to Steve's, told me it was mental, I could keep running, just push through it. So I did. I could be sappy and say because he is the "wind beneath my wings", but honestly, we are just both highly competitive people, and he pushes me to do more, to be better, to be stronger, and I want him to be proud of me. As I thought "I can keep running", and was feeling good because of my perseverance, I realized that my God has told me that I can do ALL things, through him, because He gives me strength. I never have to do anything in my own strength. The many times I have attempted to do things in my own strength, I have really screwed them up. I'm not making my running today a spiritual battle, just a time alone that God used to speak to me.

So I have decided there is no better way to enter a new year than with the idea firmly in mind that "I Can". I have a big year ahead, I know I have many changes coming, and I want to handle them all with the attitude of "I Can", knowing it is the start of "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Because He Gives Me Strength."

8:31:00 PM
by Patsy Baker
Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment