Monday, January 5, 2009

There's too many fat people at the Y

This is what I told Steve when I came home from working out. My Y exploded over the weekend. Friday when I was in there, it was a normal day, a little busier because school was out, high school kids, college kids, but normal for school being out. Today, WHAM!!! Where did they all come from?

A few years ago, I was one of those fat people. But I stuck with it. I maintain a pretty rigid diet, I found what works for me, it allows the occasional Krispy Kreme, Oreo Truffle and cheeseburger. I run, cycle, climb stairs. I pump iron. That term makes me laugh. I do push ups and pull ups and crunches. I work out with my husband when I feel especially masochistic, because I know I will be sore for several days after.

**TIME OUT - weird family moment, my daughter just yelled, "Mom, dad is walking on the table." Yes, dad was walking across the dining room table chasing her. At least he didn't do a WWF flying leap off and tackle her. That's what keeps me from getting involved in these little disputes, because that does happen in my home.**

I am glad to see so many fat people at the Y. This is where they go to get healthy. Wouldn't it be something if our church attendance jumped like this with people concerned about their spiritual health? Seriously, wouldn't that be something? No joining fee, no membership fee. AND FREE TRAINERS.

2 comments:

  1. Love that thought. Maybe we should market the church like a gym! We'll have to have some hot looking ushers though! :0)

    ReplyDelete