Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Can

In honor of Mark's sermon last week on Change, with a focus on training, I found this postcard with sayings about running I thought I would share with you all, mostly because of the last two words. (It does miss the two most important ones to me, I run because I want to be skinny, and I run to get away from my kids.)
I Run Because
I love not just the finish line, but the trip along the way - it makes me feel free - I've got energy to burn - I need energy - it's my anti-depressant - I hope my children will - I need an excuse to eat - stopping would hurt so much more than a blister or a broken toenail - walking takes too long and I have things I need to get done - my personal best is just that: mine - others can't - it's a good kind of sore - it makes the pavement feel needed - there are a lot worse addictions out there - there's no better way to explore a city or enjoy the spring flowers and fall leaves - I "just felt like runnin" - there's no drug like adrenaline - I'll never know how far I can go unless I try - the pavement doesn't complain when you pound it - it takes all I've got, but gives back more - I Can.

Are you inspired to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment