Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School

I was going to post about the first day of school yesterday. Nate started his senior year and Whitney started her last year of middle school. I kind of thought with Nate being a senior I might be a little emotional. Hasn’t happened yet. Maybe it will later on in the year. I hope he is prepared for this year and for life going forward. I watch my friends that have smaller children and I remember the excitement of school with little ones. I talked to my friend’s son Benjamin on his first day of first grade last week and he was so excited. He was jumping up and down on the couch waving his rubber sword wearing a Darth Vader helmet. He told me he had a great day and he played on the equipment at recess, and he has 3 recesses and he has two new friends. I talked to Nate on the first day of his senior year. He barely looked up from sports center, he needs a $100.00 calculator for trigonometry but he can rent one from the school for $10.00. And he has the same lunch hour as Macy, Courtney, Tait and Dallas so can he just go out for lunch with them every day? We covered the important things.
So to all you moms, I hope you and your children have a blessed year. Whether you choose home school, private education or public school, God bless your families and kids. For those of you who haven’t yet started your families, I pray God blesses you and your family too, and when you do have children, enjoy every minute. Because they go by too quick and you can’t turn back time.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true, how fast time goes. My niece is going into her sophomore year. She doesn't have any good models to follow in her life, so I'm especially worried about what she will choose to experience throughout the rest of her high school experience. I wish I could freeze time and keep her around 5-6 years old; she was innocent, appreciated the simple things in life like dancing and goofing off, playing dress up and helping in the kitchen. Now those things are so uncool, along with this aunt, who was once the coolest ever and now barely talks to her because she's busy texting her boyfriend instead.

    ReplyDelete