Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday, Monday

I'm sitting here at the computer thinking of all the things I've done today and all the things I still need to get done tonight, and don't want to do anything. I worked my 8 hour shift, avoided two line stoppages and made a delivery to a supplier. I got the oil changed in my car. Had lunch with my kids. Went to the grocery store for necessities (diet coke, honeybuns and toilet paper). Took Whitney to spend the night with a friend, what with this being the last week before school starts. My four mile run got rained out. Well, not the rain, it was the lightning that kept me in. Took a 10 minute power nap. Wish it was longer, but when Steve turned on the DVR's episode of UFC (ultimate fighting) the volume was much louder so I woke up. Fixed dinner, tuna casserole, peas and biscuits. Leftovers anyone? Load of laundry in the dryer, should start another one and put away the one I took out when I got home from work. Dishwasher waiting to be unloaded, lunches needing to be packed. Vacuumed, charged the Garmin, brought the baseball glove in that was left in the rain and getting it dried. Will be up waiting for Nate to get home from a friend's house. Not asking for pity, this is my life, has been for many years now, and it's a good one. My husband is sitting happily on the couch watching a news show. Kids with friends, and both are good christian kids. Food in the fridge, toilet paper in the bathroom, air conditioning working well. In an industry that is always struck hard by recession, my husband and I are still both employed. His employer is making 10% cuts, which means he will only work half a day on Fridays. We will figure a way to cut somewhere (give up diet coke, maybe). God always works it out for us. Has never let us down. Our kids are healthy. Our parents are healthy. I have a good marriage. I have wonderful friends to talk to and spend time with. I have even made friends through my blog. People I have never met, but will someday because we will spend our eternity the same place. I have so much to be thankful for. I had a busy day. I'm tired. But I am able to do all these things. Physically and financially I am able to lead a very blessed life. Just felt like publicly counting my blessings. So happy to have a fulfilling (if tiring) life. It might be pointed out here I'm a little tired from my 12 mile run and 11.25 mile bike ride yesterday, but honestly, these energize, not tire.
I have a friend who lost a brother last week. A friend who lost a brother-in-law in a freak accident last week. A friend who's mother is having a biopsy this week because tests last week were inconclusive. Someone I loves daughter is in a children's home tonight because she ran away this weekend, it's believed she's using drugs. And everyone of these people will also tell you how good God is, and that is where their hope is.
I have read Genesis the last two days and I couldn't help but make the parallel that there was trouble then. No one gets a pass. But we all get God. And that my friends, is all we need. Have a blessed week. I do have to pack lunches.

2 comments:

  1. I wish your blog had a "like" button like Facebook does, because I would click on it. I LIKE this! We have so much to be thankful for, even in the midst of (fill in the blank)!! I love how you ended--"We all get God. And that my friends, is all we need."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to count all the things we wish were different, we wish we had, we wish we could do...but God has already given us ALL we need in Jesus, but we forget to be thankful and satisfied in Him. Learning to get along with less has been a tough lesson, but one I needed to learn. Now that I have gotten a much better grasp on true contentment, I worry about a lot less.

    ReplyDelete