Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm Thankful

Sometimes I find myself feeling like nothing good is happening. Life can be hard, but when I think of all the wonderful things God has blessed me with, how can I think nothing good is going on? So I have taken stock of my life and things (outside the ordinary like health and family, etc.) I'm thankful for today. Tomorrow will be different (except for the diet coke) and I won't share my list every day, but I have decided with my devotions to add thinking of 10 things I'm thankful for. They can be things I enjoy or that make my life easier, (or maybe harder) but that's the plan, and then I'm going to thank God for them.

1. Oil of Olay and all products made by them including but not limited to: firming night cream, simply ageless foundation, moisturizer, I’m a fan.
2. My co-worker Ken. He is knowledgeable and helpful, an excellent combination in a person.
3. Diet Coke. This would be on every “thankful” list I make.
4. Running water. I thought of this in the shower this morning. What a great country we live in.
5. The Public Library. A building full of books that are free to read.
6. Corrective lenses.
7. Bacon wrapped filets. Meat wrapped in meat. Yum.
8. The availability of medicine. Allergy, cold, sinus, flu, tylenol, etc.
9. Music
10. The waste management truck that comes and removes my garbage every week.

(Thursdays are a good day for me to "count my blessings" and list all the things I'm thankful for because it is my least favorite day of the week. So today I am thankful for my husband and his commitment to God.)

2 comments:

  1. What a great list...I find it hard to be mindfully thankful at all times. There is so much available to me that I've, admittedly, come to take for granted because it's always been there, ie running water, plentiful food, a bed to sleep in, the air in my lungs that guarantees my life for another day, a Godly husband, the freedom to be a follower of Christ without fear for my life. There is so much, isn't there? God is indeed VERY VERY GOOD! Hey, you've just given me a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have voiced my appreciation for the waste management people numerous times and try to do so in front of my kids. What would we do without them? God bless those people.

    ReplyDelete