Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week 14

I made it, new longest distance ever! 21.15 miles on Saturday. I'm pretty tired today. I was sick all last weekend, ran a fever Saturday through Monday, which means that I ran 15.17 miles with a fever. I knew I didn't feel good, but also I knew I didn't really want to run, so when I should have listened to my body and didn't it wasn't the right thing to do. Next time I will know better to determine whether it's a mental or physical issue and not just get out of bed and hit the ground running. The fever had an affect on my training all week, I didn't get all my workouts in that I would have liked, but overall with the way I felt and church Wednesday and Thursday night (which is unusual) I did okay. And did I mention my 21.15 miles? My average time was 12 min 45 second miles with walking. At 12 miles I noticed my legs were burning (okay, I noticed sooner) and my very understanding and compassionate running partner willingly gave to my request to run 4 minutes and walk 1. I can't tell you how many times I was running and saying in my head "please be close to 4 minutes". We eventually changed it to run 3 walk 2 minutes, but overall, time was still decent. We were 4 blocks from her home when I my toes started burning. I told her to run on and I'd walk. I stopped and took my socks off and then I was fine and finished running. It was a great feeling!

Happy Labor Day everyone, hope you have a nice holiday and a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment