Friday, January 29, 2010

Conversations with Whitney

Setting: Dick's Sporting Goods, shopping for volleyball shoes
Whitney has one black and one white Asics on. She will only pick white or black because they have to match each uniform.

Me: Which ones do you like better?
Whitney: I don't know.
She runs around the track
Me: So which ones do you like better?
Whitney: I don't know.
She takes them off and drags them along the floor to check traction.
Me: Soooo, which ones do you like better?
Whitney: I don't know.
Me: I played volleyball for 25 years and never had a pair of volleyball shoes. I just played in regular tennis shoes.
Whitney: But it's a whole different generation and a different level of volleyball.
I was all state in high school.
Maddi: I wish I could say that to my mom. She always says "When I was a kid..."
Whitney rubs the bottom with her thumbs to see which ones have better traction.
Me: Which ones do you want? WE.NEED.TO.GO.
Whitney: Which ones do you like?
Me: The black ones.
Whitney: Okay

The black ones were $15.00 cheaper. This is all I based my decision on.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! Mainly because this is often how I base my decisions too!

    ReplyDelete