Sunday, January 17, 2010

Training Week 5, Marathon 2

Have decided on a marathon, The Eisenhower Marathon in Abilene, Kansas. It's flat (yay!!!) and close to Wichita. It's April 10. I did my miles this week, indoors on an adaptive motion trainer, seen on this website http://www.precor.com/comm/en/amt The description says "Run. Walk. Go backward, forward, up, down. Take short strides and long strides. The AMT®100i moves the way you move". Steve told me to keep my heart rate up, so I looked up my target heart rate at the top of my target heart rate and it was work. My legs feel as tired as if I'd ran ten miles, so it was a pretty even trade. Just no pounding. My heel/foot is feeling no pain. This is when I always get into trouble and think I'm ready to run and then I hurt myself again. So I'm forcing myself to not run, and continue with all the treatments I'm supposed to even though I don't feel pain.
One last thing.
Toenail December 6, 2009

Toenail today, January 17, 2010

No, I have not discovered a miracle cure that makes toenails grow in a month. Had really bad callous I couldn't get rid of so sucked it up and took $21.00 to the nail salon for a professional pedicure. They told me they could fix my toe. I wasn't sure I believed them, but they ground down the top dead yellow nail and put a layer of acrylic over it, like fake nails, but not tip. She made sure it was short enough that I can wear my tennis shoes and not feel any tension. I can't cut it, but I can file it down with a coarse nail file when necessary. It's pretty right again.
My heel feels great.


No comments:

Post a Comment