Sunday, January 10, 2010

Training Week 4, Marathon 2

It was even colder this week than it was last week. Of course, the whole country is feeling the pain of that. My heel has been hurting off an on for a while now, and I do all the things that I'm supposed to and it feels good so I run and then it hurts and I start over. I make it worse, because I can run with it hurting, and I have. It's very hard for me to stay off of it. So this time, I have a plan. Alternative training. Supposedly I can do alternate cardio/endurance training and not lose it. This includes pool running, which I haven't tried yet. I did run this week and was more faithful to weights than I have been in a while and my body let me know that I hadn't done enough of that with sore muscles.
Time on the spin bike and elliptical machine rounded out the week of exercise. Next week it's going to be normal Kansas winter temps, so I will be a little more likely to head out to the gym. Will let you know how training for a marathon without any actual running works. The experts say you can do it, and I need to keep active.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, training without actual running - does that include my sitting on the couch?! :) Actually, I think I would enjoy pool running too.

    ReplyDelete