Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tales from the herd

I have some pretty cool friends. I was thinking about how blessed I am with the women in my life as I was getting scolded by Sheila yesterday. I say scolded, it was really calling me out on my insecurity and challenging me and encouraging me. Since we were both at work it was via text, and pretty much took most of the day. I really needed that.

I got a text the other day, with the caption "can you hear the angels singing?" Carrie sent me a picture of her double dip from Baskin Robbins. Made me giggle. I would've shared the picture of the mint chocolate chip and rocky road living in harmony in the bowl, but I couldn't get it out of my droid.

I got this picture of Emily all dressed up for prom. Sheila sent it to me so I could see beautiful Emily in all her prom finery. Made my day.

I stole this one from facebook, it got all kinds of media attention, and I loved it. It was taken by my friend Cate who lives in the KC area and she is Nate's back up mom, even though he hasn't met her. She is only a speed dial away and is ready, willing and able to jump on her white mom steed and race in and save the day if Nate needs someone that can get to him in 20 minutes instead of my 2.5 hours. Nate is actually quite relieved to know that I have someone close on standby for him if the need should arise. Anyway, Cate owns her own photography business and caught this picture on Sunday, May 20th shooting a wedding. Nerves of steel.

Rebecca sent this one.


Little known hobby of mine, since I was 19 I have made porcelain dolls off and on. I made this one for Rebecca over 20 years ago. She still has it. (Other little known hobby, made the green quilted jump suit the doll is wearing). I loved this picture of my doll next to my greatbaby. (Zoey has enough grandparents with Justin and Rebecca's parents, but I still need to claim her somehow so I have decided she's gonna be my "great"baby). This picture was just another bright spot one of my friends blessed me with.

I decided to share a few of my favorite dolls I've made over the years.





1 comment:

  1. My heart is pretty happy after reading this.

    ReplyDelete