Thursday, May 17, 2012

You know you love me, right?

One of those days that I'm quite sure either only I have, or only I will share. So in effort to make you all feel good about yourselves, here I am in one of my it-could-only-happen-to-me awkward moments.

It's a Monday night, school night, work night, nothing unusual. I can't sleep. Not the I'm tossing and turning and can't fall asleep, but the I'm ticked at Steve because I can hear him breathing. Not snoring. Not breathing hard. He's just breathing.

I grab a sheet and go to the couch, I stop and take a Tylenol P.M. and turn on the Golden Girls, because I always fall asleep when I'm watching them.

At 3:20 a.m. someone comes in my front door. I sit up, and it's Nate and Taite. I'm fairly sure (as sure as I can be) in my tylenol-golden girls induced stupor that I must be dreaming. BUT NO! Surprise Mom! Happy Mother's Day. YAY!!!

And I realize I am woefully, inadequately, inappropriately dressed. Have you seen the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition? She's wearing more than me. The Time Magazine woman wearing her three year old? Yep. She's wearing more than me. So I wrap my sheet capelike around myself and my inadequate nightclothes and go to my room to get my robe. I'm thinking about not coming out, ever. But I do.

Taite is watching television and/or his cell phone, and Nate is making a turkey, light miracle whip and pickle sandwich. You know, it's good to be back in mom's fridge. He tells me his plans for today, to sleep, go see Claire (Hannah's little sister) play softball in the Heights Regional Tournament with Hannah, and then come back by home for the evening before him and Taite leave.


So what do I say???

I'll try and make sure I'm fully clothed?

No comments:

Post a Comment